Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vert Fourchette & Mary's Fine Foods

Thanks to Natalie and Gordon for this review.
Keep 'em coming people!
We always enjoy eating at Vert Fourchette, but until last weekend, I had never tried their poutine, a relatively new item on their menu.

And it's not just any old poutine! It's  the house garlic/rosemary frîtes , with cheese curds and  homemade pulled pork slathered on top. To heck with the calories! I was determined to try it. And I was not disappointed.


The fresh, crispy fries were layered with a generous helping of cheese curds, topped with an even more generous helping of succulent, spicy pulled pork. This combination worked very well: the marriage of skinny fries and juicy pork was most harmonious.


Every mouthful featured potatoes, cheese and pork, right to the bottom of the bowl. With a little help from my husband, I cleaned my plate.


 I give this poutine 4.75 curds out of 5. If the pulled pork had been slightly hotter, so as to melt the outer curds more, I would pushed it to a five. The restaurant itself is a beautifully restored century home, with wonderful atmosphere and attentive, friendly serving staff. Love their innovative poutine.

 Vert Fourchette & Mary's Fine Foods
117 Main Street E, Vankleek Hill, Ontario K0B 1R0
Tel. 613-678-3984



No comments: